Friday, August 8, 2008

Pre-Natal Visit with the Pediatrician-August 7, 2008

Today, we had an appointment with Dr. Neal. He is going to be Baby Poplin's doctor. Funny,
he was my doctor when I was a kid. My aunt takes her boys to him and my cousin takes her son there. They all think that the man can walk on water, so I figured, if they all think so highly of him, then so should I. So now we have a peditrician. We went in at 8:15 and sat down with him, while he told us lot's of information. Main points:
*Don't stress out over this pregnancy. Just be pregnant and go on about your business.
*Don't read a lot of books. It's mostly a bunch of junk and every woman's pregnancy is different.
*Call me when you go into labor.
*By the time your child is 18 months, they need to be in some sort of day-care, at least part-time (something like mother's morning out) and by the time the child is two years old, they need to be in something full-time. They need the socialization. He was very avid about this.
So all in all, I think we went away with a lot of good advice, that made a lot of sense. So now, we can check that task off the list. Now just 99 things left!!!

No comments: