Monday, February 9, 2009

Doctor's appointment-Dr. Barnes-Dilation and Effacement

I had a doctor's appointment today. Everything looks good. My blood pressure is good and his heartrate is 142 bpm. He did the group B strep test and checked me for dilation and effacement. I am about 50%-60% effaced and I have zero dilation. But he did say that my cervic is softening, so that's a good sign that things are starting. He also said that he didn't think that he would need to talk to me about induction. So I guess he must think that I will go on my own. However, he didn't mention when he thought I would go. But his opinion doesn't really mean anything. Everyone is different. I asked him to take a guess on how much Haven weighs right now. He said " If I had to guess, I would say about 7 and a half pounds." Then he said that they gain about half a pound a week. Which I heard was a pound a week. But he's the doctor, so what do I know? I do know that all of these things are just a guess. We have some friends whose doctor told her she was having a 10 pound baby and when she was born, she was 6 pounds and some change. So, I don't think doctor's really know, they just guess. So I'm hoping that he's off. Cause I really don't want to birth a 9 pound baby. Pray for me.
Also, don't forget to put in your guess for when Haven will arrive, his weight, time of birth and length. The link is to the left of this post.
I go back to the doctor next Monday. I have started my weekly visits now.

No comments: