Friday, February 6, 2009

Something is in the air!

Well, Stephanie finally had her little one on Wednesday February , 2009. She was 7 pounds even, 21.5 inches long and born at 5:58pm. There is one down. Then, we have some friends-Jason and Emily-that were due 3 days before me. Yep, she had her little one early this morning at about 4:30am She was 6 pounds 6 ounces. Two down. Then I get a text message this morning at 7:30am from Kim (my cousin who's due 6 days before me) saying that she is either in false labor or early labor. So she goes to the doctor and it turns out she is starting to dilate and she's having mild contractions. The doc told her that this could go on for hours, days or weeks. You just never know. He told her to just go on about her day and call them if anything changes or got worse. So she might go into labor anytime. Almost three down. There must be something about this week. Kelly told me to call him ASAP if anything happened to me. I told him that he could rest assured that I will be fine. Cause I know I'll be the one that watches all the other's have their babies and I will still be sitting here, preganant as can be, miserable and WAITING!! Watch. That's how it's going to go.
But I have a doctor's appointment on Monday and they are going to check me to see if I have dilated at all. So maybe I'll have some progress, probably not though. I like to tell myself these things so that I have a possibilitly of being pleasantly surprised and I'm not devastated when I get the "no progress" news.
I have two more baby showers this weekend. Last one's. Exciting because I know that once these are over, we will be ready to rock and roll. But sad at the same time. Closing a chapter in my life, but opening a new one. So I guess it's really more exciting than sad.
I am ready to meet this little guy. I want to know what his hands look like, what he will smell like, will he have my eyes and Kelly's feet? I just want to see him. Last night Kelly was funny. Haven was pushing on me and so I decided to push back. Then, Kelly pushed too. Well, as Kelly pushed, Haven jerked it away (as he did when I pushed back too). And Kelly got concerned and said "Maybe we shouldn't do that. What if we push too hard and break his arm or leg." I just laughed and said "Babe, I don't think we are pusing that hard. He'll be fine." That must have been good enough for Kelly, because he didn't say anything else about it. I think it's all starting to sink in with Kelly. He's going to be a daddy REALLY soon!

No comments: